Clinical Science Faculty Members
Our core training faculty includes 10 full-time professors. We also have one quarter-time member (Lee June) who supplements our expertise in course instruction and supervision. All of our core faculty members are very active in publishing and securing grant funding (see table of Scientific Output above).
Our clinical science faculty members also are actively involved in teaching core graduate courses and serving as clinical supervisors of practica. Over half of our faculty are licensed (Buchanan, Ingersoll, Klump, June, Levendosky, J. Moser). All of these faculty members have been actively involved in psychotherapy and/or assessment supervision in our Psychological Clinic and oversee the development and presentation of clinical cases during our Clinical Science Forum.
Notably, the research, teaching, and supervision conducted by our clinical science faculty have earned several honors in the field, including:
- Early Career Awards from the American Psychological Association (APA), the Society for Research in Psychopathology, the Behavior Genetics Association, and the Federation of Associations in Behavioral and Brain Sciences
- Distinguished Research Awards from major professional organizations such as the International Coalition Against Sexual Harassment, the National Eating Disorders Association, and the Academy for Eating Disorders
- MSU Teaching, Research, and Diversity Awards such as the MSU Distinguished Contributions to Honors Students, the MSU Teacher-Scholar Award, the MSU Excellence in Diversity Award, and the MSU Distinguished Black Alumni Award
- Fellowship status in the APA and the Association for Psychological Science (APS)
- Membership on journal editorial boards such as the Journal of Abnormal Psychology, Psychological Medicine, Psychological Science, Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psycholoogy, Emotion, Autism – International Journal of Research and Practice, Psychology of Women Quarterly, Journal of Traumatic Stress, Clinical Psychological Science
- Membership on grant study sections for the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the National Science Foundation (NSF), and Autism Speaks
- Leadership positions in major professional organizations such as the APA, the Society for Research in Psychopathology, the Academy for Eating Disorders, Autism Speaks, the Society for Psychophysiological Research, and the Behavior Genetics Association, Society for Interpersonal Theory and Research
Clinical Faculty Members